Honeymoon Style

banner

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Why I Started a Wedding Blog

I started this wedding blog for you, the bride. There is so much misinformation on the Internet by supposed experts that it engages me. It seems anyone can call themselves a wedding expert because they got married. If that were true, there are people who have multiple marriages that are beyond expert status. The unsuspecting bride takes their word as gospel. The net makes it easy for a person to make up a persona. They are anonymous.

I look at the wedding boards where brides post and can't believe some information that is posted. Brides crow about buying a couture name brand gown directly from China for less than the cost of the fabric that it would take to fashion the dress. You aren't getting the couture dress you saw in the magazines or the bridal salon. Check back later to see the bride crying because she bought something that is unwearable. I know, I've seen the original and the dress from China. See my post about buying your dress directly from China.

I'm not trying to sell you a dress, I'm trying to prevent you from making an expensive mistake . I've dealt with the brides who've made the exact same mistake! They are stressed and have to buy another dress at the last minute. Their bargain caused them to spend WAY more money than they planned.

I see brides expressing their opinions as facts. Its their opinion, not a fact. So they love a certain line of invitations, bridesmaid dresses, etc. Its their opinion. The line of products may be excellent. Their experiences may be excellent. Take the information for what its worth.

This blog will tell it like it is. Whether you agree or not, its based on fact and experience. I don't know everything there is about weddings. I learn something new everyday. There's always something new to learn, a new idea, a new trend, a new twist. I do my best to keep up and keep learning.

Here is my bio:
  • I've owned a full service bridal salon for over 30 years.
  • I designed a line of bridal veils that were nationally distributed and now do only custom work through my bridal salon.
  • I've been a wedding planner for 25 plus years.
  • I am an expert at destination weddings and destination wedding plannings. See my web site Beachbride2be.
  • I've written and published wedding articles and been quoted in Vows magazine, the magazine for wedding professionals.
  • I've organized and promoted many local bridal shows and held seminars for the brides about wedding planning.
  • My mother designed clothing in New York and she taught me pattern drafting, dress construction, fabrics and fabric draping and dress alterations. I could copy a dress from a picture, but you can't afford me. ;)
I intend to give you the facts, just the facts and nothing but the facts.

Have a happy wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment