Honeymoon Style

banner

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Flowers Speak the Language of Love




Flowers are to a wedding what love is to
marriage. You can't have one without the
other. Flowers speak the language of love.
Men give flowers to the one they love.
Flowers have long held an unspoken significance
and meaning. Not only does the flower speak,
but the color has meaning as well. Here are some
flowers speaking the language of love. Incorporate
some of the language of flowers into your wedding
bouquet!

Some meanings of flowers:

Anemone - Unfading love, truth, sincerity and anticipation
Apple blossom - good fortune
Arbutus - Thee only do I love
Aster - Love and daintiness
Baby's Breath - Everlasting love and happiness
Bells Of Ireland - Good luck
Calendula - Joy
Calla Lily - Magnificent beauty
Camellia - Admiration, loveniess and perfection,
its a good luck gift to a man
Camellia (Red) - You're a flame in my heart
Camellia (White) - My groom is adorable
Camellia (Pink) - Longing for you
Carnation- Bonds of affection, health and energy,
you fascinate me
Carnation (white) -Sweet and lovely, innocence and pure
love, its a woman's good luck gift
Chysanthemum (red) - I love you
Daisy - Innocence, my loyal love, purity, cheer
Fern Maidenhair- My secret bond of love
Gardenia - Lovliness, secret love, refinement and joy
Gladiolus and Gloxinia both mean love at first sight
Heather (pink) - Good luck
Heather (white) - Our wishes will come true, symbol of
good luck
Ivy - Fidelity, affection, friendship, a marriage
Jonquil - Love me, affection returned, you I desire
Jasmine- Wealth, grace and elegance
Lily (white) - Virginity and purity, heavenly to be with you
Lily of the valley - sweetness and happiness
Magnolia - Sweetness and beauty, nobility and dignity
Marjoram (sweet) - Joy and happiness, blushes of joy
Orange Blossom - Purity and eternal love your purity
equals your loveliness
Orchid - Love, beauty and refinement
Primrose - I can't live without you
Rose (red) - Love, I love you
Rose (white) - Eternal Love, innocence, you are heavenly
Rose (pink) - Perfect happiness, please believe in me
Rose (red and white) - Together in unity
Rose (thornless) - Love at first sight
Rose (single, in full bloom) - I love you, I still love you
Rose bud - Beauty and youth, an innocent heart
Rosemary - Remembrance, commitment and fidelity
Sage - Wisdom; long life; domestic virtue
Stephanotis - Happiness in marriage
Sweet Basil - Good luck
Tulip(general) - Fame, charity, declaration of love
Tulip(red) - Believe in me, a declaration of love
Tulip(variegated) - Beautiful eyes
Tulip(yellow) - Hopeless love
Veronica - Fidelity
Violet - Modesty and faithfulness
Violet (blue) - Faithfulness I'll always be true
Violet (white) - Let's take a chance on happiness
Zinnia (magenta) - Lasting affection

No comments:

Post a Comment