Honeymoon Style

banner

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Stuff Happens!!!

I'm back. Stuff keeps happening. I decided I was going to take a week to smell the roses this summer, no weddings, no bridal shop, no work...just sunshine, relaxation and maybe a sun tan. Stuff happened and I ended having surgery. Not a big deal, but enough to interrupt my rose smelling and relaxation. Recovery interfered with my doing nothing. It introduced daily naps and soap operas into the equasion.

Lightening struck and wiped out my hard drive which was on a surge protector. I had just thankfully backed up the computer. I managed to be able to restore some files and pictures, but lets face it, Punjeeb at tech support couldn't solve all my problems. I kept unplugging the wrong cable, pushing the wrong F key because neither of us understood each other. So, the blog notes, pics and bookmarks are buried somewhere in some microchip in my computer and on my backup.

Meanwhile, back at the bridal shop, the not quite three year old water heater sprung a leak and flooded the basement. The plumbers did their thing and did it very well, but why should a three year old water heater leak? Arrrrgghhh. But that's not the least of it, when the water was turned back on, the pressure blew the water line off the upstairs toilet and no one saw it until the next morning. The water leaked through the kitchen and office areas and damaged the ceiling. Hello, plumber, hello more bills. Luckily, nothing other than the ceiling was damaged...but hey, that's another bill I don't need or want. And cleanup...yuck. And of course, they cannot match the tiles that were damaged, so it means a whole new ceiling.

And my car, my good dependable nothing goes wrong with it car, decided the time was wrong to have major brake and ABS and traction system problems. They can't figure out if it needs kabillions of dollars of repairs of if its just a malfunctioning sensor and partial brake job that is only half a kabillion dollars and another week without a car.

The dog threw up on my new carpet. We replaced it when the kid dropped a bottle of Clorox Clean Up on it and tie dyed the rug. Guess we can relax now that the rug has been christened.

I won't mention a credit card bill that was paid and closed 4 years ago resurfaced. I won't mention that the kid needs tools for school that will cost me twice what I thought.And that he needs car insurance and a car. Lotsa luck on that one, kid.I won't mention that while I was down, the weeds at the bridal shop overtook the landscaping and that it looks like a jungle.

And I'm still smiling and happy. Go figure. My chair is still by the rosebushes waiting for me to take a whiff. And I will before summer is over. My point is that things happen and they will happen during the course of wedding planning. There's always a solution. Keep smiling, this too shall pass. And please, make it soon! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment